Thursday, July 31, 2014

Blog Post # 6 - Reaching Back, Looking Forward

Throughout the course, I've gained knowledge and new-found insight on writing and what it entails. The more profound takeaways that stuck out the most to me were Bitzer’s three elements, the different genres, and the tools available to create different works.

Bitzer’s three elements are an important thing that I have learned because it allows me to process and interpret something with new questions to strengthen my analysis. Aristotles and Bitzers elements are somewhat similar, but differ slightly, being able to provide a different analysis approach.

Learning about different genres amazed me. I didn't know that writing was categorized as so many different works and is very ubiquitous. This was also shown at the end of the course when we are told to research our future career and the role of writing within. My research showed me genres; I never would've considered as writing for my career and proved that I will always need it.

When beginning a few of my assignments, I needed different tools and such to effectively research and then publish my final product. For my research essay, I became familiar with scholarly sources and where and how to search for them. This helped me find the noteworthy and credible sources on the internet while discerning the popular ones. When starting my genre assignment, I came across several websites consisting of easy templates to create unique and personal works out of. I chose a website creation website which I probably would’ve never even considered using if I was never told about it.


In summation, I’ve gained a lot from the course in terms of knowledge and broadening how I can now approach writing in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment