Sunday, July 6, 2014

Blog Post #2 - Deploying Writing

I submitted my own interpretation of "Same Love" by Macklemore on RapGenius.com. I chose one verse in particular that I felt I best analyzed in my Rhetorical Analysis paper. The website is visited often when trying to find out the artists meaning and explanation behind their music.

I wrote:
“And you can be cured with some treatment and religion” challenges the idea that religion can change who you are which is how some people think. Macklemore disagrees and uses the logos appeal to negate that myth. This is further explained in the next line stating  “man-made, rewiring of a pre-disposition, playing god” meaning that being gay is not a choice; it’s an innate characteristic and people think they can try and “rewire”, or fix, homosexuals.

Giving feedback and submissions to open-ended interpretations can help the reader learn more about the subject matter and see what others have to say and gather from it. Analysis' can help the reader approach the subject from a different perspective and gain knowledge.

While writing my rhetorical analysis paper, I often looked at what others had to say about the lyrics and what their approach to breaking down the words was. It helped me come up with a strong argument for persuasion. Also it gave me more detail for my analysis to help describe my take on the song.

Perhaps a freshman taking an ENC1102 class with the same assignment and idea for the paper will come across my commentary and use it to their advantage either by referencing, quoting, or gaining inspiration from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment