Sunday, July 27, 2014

Blog Post #5 - Distribution, Circulation, Templates

The different genres that I created for my topic of dancers with eating disorders can be distributed electronically through several platforms. 

Of course the all-knowing hash-tag has a great effect on finding something related to a specific tag or group that one chooses for their work. Hashtags have surfaced increasingly over the past couple of years and I don’t think will ever die down. My topic is found all over twitter, Instagram, tumblr, and other platforms through tags such as: #ana, #anorexia, #ed, #eatingdisorders, #dance, and many more. This helps my genre get distributed in the sense that someone looking for work like mine will type in a hashtag like above and will show relevant works that fall under that category.

QR codes are coming of age, too. Smart phone sales are on the rise and with the click of a button taking a picture of a black and white square, the phone is redirected automatically to a webpage or an app. This could be beneficial for my brochure. My brochure has common questions about eating disorders on the inside pages and a helpline on the back. The helpline is provided from a website concerning eating disorders. Under the phone number I could provide a QR code for the website, so those looking for help can get directed to the website for other methods of contact immediately.

These are only two examples of the array of distribution technologies created and being created for the use of distribution and circulation to help spread information and works, in addition to helping people find the relevant information and works when searching.

Nowadays, technology is the way to go with any kind of marketing or distribution or getting the word out there. With different platforms it’s easier now more than ever to circulate works, such as the ones that I have done for my English class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment